NaNo'08. For Mis because he's made of awesome.
Caucasian (Dutch ancestry on his father's side, English and Cherokee on his mother's side)
|DOB||Sept. 13, 1979|
Dark blond (dyed black)
Tattoo on his left upper arm, surgery scar on the right side of his head, various scars on his arms and torso
THREE GOALS IN LIFE
Stay clean, be a good Dad to Maddy, forgive myself
"A nearly blind, spastic-athetoid former tweaker."
Nervous/worried, apologetic, craves physical contact, proud, caring
Lee Mees was a regular kid. He grew up with his parents and younger sister in a suburban middle class home, and the only drugs he tried were alcohol and weed. But then came college and responsibilities of adulthood, and Lee just wanted to play for a little while longer. His girlfriend did not approve of his new lifestyle consisting of drugs and partying, and left him. Lee found solace - even though it was only for the moment - in methamphetamine.
But at the age of 26, the party ended in an overdose.
Not Dark Yet (Bob Dylan)
RL LOOK-ALIKE (IE, PB)
131 Questions to Ask Your Character
Originally by Rich Taylor
Modified (to this edition) by Eli Morris-Heft, et al.
1. What is heroic about you?
I honestly don't think there's anything heroic
2. What is social about you? What do you like about people? I'm a touchy--feely guy who like to hang out with people. I really value listening to others.
3. Of what benefit could you be
to the current group?
4. Why would you choose to join the current group?
5. Invent an adventure/plot that your character would actively undertake.
6. What is your real, birth name?
What name do you use? Leland Mees. My nickname
which I also prefer is Lee.
7. Do you have a nickname? What is it, and where did you get it? My sister called me that since she couldn't say Leland.
8. What do you look like? Be specific. 6', normal build, I think. My hair is usually dark blond but I color it either dark brown or black. My eyes are green and I'm kind of tanned. I have a tattoo on my upper arm and quite a bit of scars.
9. How do you dress most of the
time? Jeans and t-shirt.
10. How do you "dress up?" Short-sleeved dress shirt and slacks.
11. How do you "dress down?" Tank top and sweatpants.
12. What do you wear when you go to sleep? Boxers.
13. Do you wear any jewelry? Why? I wear rings because I like how they feel, and a necklace a dear friend of mine bought for me because I value his friendship.
14. In your opinion, what is your best feature? I really have no idea.
15. What's your real birth date? September 13, 1979 (I've been told I look a lot older...meth'll do that to you)
16. Where do you live? Describe it: Is it messy, neat, avant-garde, sparse, etc.? It's neat and quite new. Very light and fresh.
17. Do you own a car? No, I don't.
18. What is your most prized mundane possession? Why do you value it so much?
19. What one word best describes you? Proud.
20. What is your family like?
21. Who is your father, and what is he like?
22. Who is your mother, and what is she like?
23. What is your parents' marriage like? Are they married? Did they remain married? If not, what caused them to divorce?
24. What are your siblings' names? What are they like?
25. What's the worst thing one of your siblings ever did to you? What's the worst thing you've done to one of your siblings?
26. When's the last time you saw any member of your family? Where are they now?
27. Do you ever meet any other family members? Who are they? What do you think of them?
28. What is your first memory?
29. What was your favorite toy?
30. What was your favorite game?
31. Any non-family member adults stick out in your mind? Who were they, and how did you know them? Why do they stick out?
32. Who was your best friend when
you were growing up?
33. What is your fondest childhood memory?
34. What is your worst childhood memory?
35. How old were you when you went on your first date?
36. It is common for one's view of authority to develop in their adolescent years. What is your view of authority, and what event most affected it?
37. Did you go to high school? What
were you like in high school? With whom did you associate?
38. What were your high school goals? What was your high school attitude?
39. Who was your idol when you were growing up? Who did you first fantasize about in your life?
40. What is your favorite memory from adolescence?
41. What is your least favorite memory from adolescence?
42. What is your job? Do you like
it? If you’re unemployed, where does your money come from?
I don't have a job. I'm on disability and have
43. What is your boss or employer like?
44. What are your co-workers like? Do you get along with them? Any in particular? Which ones don't you get along with? Why not?
45. What is something you had to learn for this job that you hated?
46. Do you tend to save, spend, or invest your money? How, and on what? Why?
47. What are your hobbies?
48. Who is your closest mundane friend? Describe them and how you relate to them.
49. Who is your worst mundane enemy? Describe them and why you don't get along.
50. Which bands do you like? Why?
51. Which tape or CD hasn't left your player since you purchased it? Why not?
52. Which song is your favorite song? Why?
53. What is your favorite movie of all time?
54. What book or books did you enjoy reading the most? What did you enjoy about them?
55. Do you watch TV? What do you watch?
56. When it comes to mundane politics, do you care? If so, which way do you tend to vote? If not, why don't you care?
57. In what types of places do you
hang out with your mundane friends?
58. In what types of places do you hang out with your normal friends?
59. What annoys you more than anything else?
60. What would be the perfect gift for you?
61. What's the most beautiful thing you've ever seen? What is its beauty?
62. What kind of weather is your favorite?
63. Can you eat? If so, do you enjoy it? If not, do you resent that you cannot eat?
64. If you can eat, what is your
favorite food? What is your least favorite food?
65. What is your favorite drink?
66. What is your favorite animal? Why?
67. Do you have any pets? Do you want pets? In a perfect world, what kind would they be?
68. What does the best job at calming you down? Seeing my daughter sleep
69. What do people that you know do that annoys you? What are your pet peeves?
70. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?
71. What don't you like about yourself?
72. How would you like to look?
73. Would you consider yourself
straight, gay, bi-sexual, or something else? Why?
Gay, because a woman has never really turned me on.
Guys, on the other hand....
74. Who was the first person you had sex with? When did it happen? What was it like?
75. Have you ever had a same-sex experience? Who was it with, what was it like, and how did it go?
76. What is your deepest, most well hidden sexual fantasy? Would you ever try it?
77. What was the wildest thing you've ever done, sexually? Who was it with and when did it happen?
78. Is there any sexual activity that you enjoy and/or practice regularly that can be considered non-standard? (bondage, fantasy play, etc.) Why do you like it?
79. Is there any sexual activity that you will not, under any circumstances, do?
80. Do you currently have a lover? What is their name, and what is your relationship like? What are they like? Why are you attracted to them?
81. What is the perfect romantic
82. Describe the perfect romantic partner for you.
83. Are you resentful about not being able to have sex? What about not being able to give birth?
84. What is more important - sex or
85. What was your most recent relationship like? Who was it with? How serious was it?
86. What's the worst thing you've done to someone you loved?
87. How old were you when you first got drunk? What was the experience like? Did anything good come of it? Did anything bad come of it?
88. Do you drink on a regular basis,
be it daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, etc.?
89. What kind of alcohol do you prefer?
90. Have you ever tried any other kind of "mood altering" substance? What did you experience? Ahahaha oooh yes. I've done alcohol, weed, cocaine, shrooms, E, and meth. OD'd on meth, so...not so good experiences.
91. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Are there any people should not do? Why or why not? If it was possible to do drugs without risking to become addicted or to OD I couldn't see the harm in them, but the risks are just too great. If a doctor prescribed some to you, that's a completely different matter. Hereby not said that doctors can't make mistakes....but I'll shut up on this subject now or I could go on forever.
92. Of which one act in your past are you most ashamed? Of which one act in your past are you most proud? I'm still trying to forgive myself for succumbing to drugs in college, but I'm very happy to be in touch with my daughter again. I haven't done anything I'm proud of, though.
93. Have you ever been in an
argument? Over what, with whom, and who won? Did it turn physical?
94. Have you ever been in a physical fight before? Over what, with whom, and who won?
95. About what do you feel most strongly?
96. About what do you pretend to feel strongly, just to impress people? Why that particular thing?
97. What trait do you find most admirable in others, and how often do you find it in other people?
98. Is there anything you feel should be censored in art or the media (such as sex, violence, or greed)? If so, what and why, and if not, why not?
99. Do you have any feelings in general that you are disturbed by? What are they? What is their source? Why do they disturb you?
100. What is your religious view of things? What religion, if any, do you call your own?
101. Before your Awakening, were you religious? What religion were you? How has that changed?
102. Do you think the future is hopeful? Why?
103. Is an ounce of prevention really worth a pound of cure? Which is more valuable? Why do you feel this way?
104. What's the worst thing that can be done to another person? Why?
105. What's the worst thing you could actually do to someone you hated?
106. Are you a better as a leader, a follower, or an outsider? Why? Which has your environment and life forced you to be? How did you get forced into that position?
107. What is your responsibility to the world, if any? Why do you think that?
108. Do you think redemption is possible? If so, can anyone be redeemed, or are there only certain circumstances that can be? If not, why do you think nothing can redeem itself?
109. Is it okay for you to cry? When was the last time you cried?
110. Overall, what do you think is wrong with most people?
113. Do/Did you have a mentor? Who
is/was he/she? How did you become their student?
117. What is the thing that has frightened you most? Do you think there is anything out there that's scarier than that? What do you think that would be?
118. Has anyone you've cared about
died? How did it happen? How do you feel about it?
I did care about my daughter's mother and some of my
tweaker friends dying (by ODing), but before I was sober I didn't really care.
Now, however, I feel really sad about how it was so unnecessary and that I
really could have done something. But at the same time you can't change the past
so I can only make the best out of the present.
119. What was the worst injury you've ever received? How did it happen?
120. How ticklish are you? Where are you ticklish? Who knows that you’re ticklish?
121. What is your current long-term goal? Why?
122. What is your current short-term goal? Why?
123. Do you have any bad habits? What are they? Do you plan to get rid of them? How?
124. If you were a mundane person, what would you do with your life? What occupation would you have, and how would you spend all your time?Did you have this occupation at one time? How is the answer to this question different from how you spend your time now?
125. What time period do you wish you
had lived in? Why? What appeals to you about this era?
126. How private of a person are you? Why? What parts of you do you keep private? Why? There are certain feelings and thoughts I only share with a select few, but for the most part I can't be very private because of my disabilities and care needs.
127. If you were to gain an obscenely large sum of money (via an inheritance, a lawsuit, a lottery, etc.) what would you do with it?
128. If you found a genie and had one
wish, what would you wish for? To be able to
care properly for my daughter.
129. What do you do when you are bored? Sleep.
130. What is the most frightening potential handicap or disfigurement you can conceive of? What makes it so frightening? Deafness, because I'm already paralyzed and legally blind.
Daughter Maddy Mees
PCA Aaron Coburn
Friend Blair "Raven" Jefferson
Friend Valerij "Val" Borodin
Darryl Filman (JP) / Matthew Padmore-Filman (JA)